Wednesday 7 August 2013

Challenges we face...

As motorbike riders whether it be commuting riders or weekend riders. We all have adverse challenges we face every single ride.

These can be anything from the weather turning for the worst, to drivers not checking before changing lanes.

My challenge of the day was riding home from the girlfriends house it bucketed down admittedly it started raining well before I left but I had no other choice as I do not drive. So as the determined little fellow I am I got on my bike kissed my girl goodbye, "the usual "text me when you get home, I love you" and off I went, first bit was a bit off putting(did I mention this was my first time at night in a serious downpour) I haven't been avoiding this situation it just hadn't happened yet.

Anyway so off I go, got a feel for my bike in the wet through the first roundabout and right hander then left hander. So I decided to avoid the wet weather traffic to go the back rural route home which I know really well. First thing I noticed about the rain is when it settles on your visor it magnifies the light from oncoming headlights which can make it very hard through the bends, particularly without cat eyes on some parts.

Challenge one of wet weather riding completed, all I did was slowed down and took it a bit slower. Challenge two was the matter of actually seeing through my visor, I can't be constantly wiping it off so I found that the best way was too just focus beyond the water droplets and I could see fine.

They were the only challenges I found, and I did not have an issue in fact I loved my ride home in the rain, people ask me "what do you do when it rains?" I normally say "get on my bike" and even after heavier rain I will still give the same response. I mean don't get me wrong I won't be making a habit of taking on the putty or the old road in torrential rain, but I am more than comfortable to commute and ride where I need to in the rain.


That's it for now. I'll leave you with the drying postions of my gear

The gloves drying
The Jacket is Drying out



















Till Next Time

-James

No comments:

Post a Comment