Tuesday 20 August 2013

Finally! and thanks

Finally! After waiting what seemed like an eternity My aftermarket fairings arrive yesterday as I left for work, so when I got home I opened the box and put them on, admittedly not an easy install as a few of the holes did not line up but I got there it was an experience to say the least. Pictures below:




You can see no scratches and finally all shiny!

They were a bit frustrating as I wanted to get them on straight away and they took me a good 2 hours to install, I could have installed OEM fairings quicker but the aftermarket set cost was a little more justifiable.

I love it my bike finally feels like mine, complete, and It looks like I now have pride in my bike. I love my little ZZR, and have decided I will be holding on to it for a few years till I am off restrictions.

Now as for riding I do have to thank my girlfriend Laura for pushing back onto a bike as after an accident where I wrote off an 09 ninja and broke 3 ribs I was a bit scared but she made me promise I'd get back on the bike as she knew deep down I was dying to get on the bike. At first I was nervous, I never really told her how scared I was about riding again and I don't think anyone will really know. I decided after much deliberation to start looking then my little ZZR popped up for $500 needing a lot of work.

I didn't mind the work as it meant I got to know the insides of my bike, I got to replace parts that I rely on to survive and therefore have trust that they aren't going to fail. I also got a little attached to my little bike.

I remember the first time I rode the ZZR I was so scared, but I decided that I had to get my licence and fulfill that promise. I went and got my licence all thanks to Laura pushing me all the time, asking me "Have you booked your course yet?" Finally I did, and here I am 2 months later riding around everywhere and constantly more comfortable on the bike.

At the same time I feel like without that accident I wouldn't be aware of the dangers of riding fully, that accident has honestly mad me a more decisive but also careful rider!

For now

-Enrgkid

No comments:

Post a Comment